To make matters worse, towing and hauling capacities continue to increase despite transmissions often using less fluid than their predecessors. Maximizing transmission performance and longevity requires using premium synthetic fluids.
“The fluid doesn’t just lubricate, it acts as a hydraulic fluid to enable shifting,” said Matt Erickson, AMSOIL Product Manager, Passenger Car. “Fluids that oxidize can result in damaging sludge that clogs fluid passages and results in poor performance. Transmission fluid is also exposed to high levels of shearing as it is forced between gear teeth. This can quickly break down an inferior fluid, causing viscosity loss and reduced wear protection.”
To demonstrate its robust nature in extreme environments, AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic ATF was installed in a Las Vegas taxi cab that was operated for more than 180,000 miles on a single fluid change. Signature Series ATF delivered outstanding resistance to sludge and wear despite the intense desert heat and severity of operation. It helps motorists safely harness their vehicle’s full potential and delivers reserve protection against the devastating effects of heat.
AMSOIL formulates a full line of synthetic automatic transmission fluids that meet the stringent demands of today’s transmissions, helping you get the most out of your vehicle.
AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid
• Specifically formulated for severe-service towing and heavy hauling
• Delivers reserve protection against extreme heat
AMSOIL OE Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid
• Offers excellent wear protection and extreme-temperature performance for autos/light trucks
• Perfect for daily drivers who don’t require the reserve protection of Signature Series ATF
AMSOIL Synthetic CVT Fluid
• Provides excellent wear protection in continuously variable transmissions
• Helps prevent belt and chain slipping